Christian Aurand is the founder of Blueprint Basketball and was the Head Basketball Coach at Simi Valley High School in Southern California for 12 years and 20 overall in the program. After the 2011 season ended with Marmonte League Title, Aurand stepped down to pursue new coaching interests. Christian is currently a Social Studies Teacher and the Assistant Athletic Director at Simi Valley High School.
Coach Aurand has coached Double Pump Elite Teams for the past eight seasons in tournaments in Denver, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, and Los Angeles. In 2010 he coached the Double Pump Elite squad to the Adidas Super 64 17U Championship over defending champion Memphis Magic. For 2013, Aurand will be coaching the 17U Double Pump Elite squad for the open Spring and Summer recruiting periods.
Most recently, Aurand has worked as a part-time Advanced Scout in the NBA for the Houston Rockets and traveled to China this past summer to work with 8 other coaches running a camp for Chinese Olympian and former NBA Player Yi Jianlian.
For More Background Please See his Linked In Profile www.linkedin.com/pub/christian-aurand/25/a15/589/
Christian is a 21-year veteran coach who has:
- continued the great tradition at Simi Valley High School in CA
- a winning percentage 72% of his games (250-95)
- is the school’s All-Time Career Wins Leader at SVHS with 250
- averaged 21 wins a season and 12 consecutive playoff berths
- never finished worse than third in the Marmonte League over 12 years
- coached several league championships: 1999, 2008, 2010
- helped produce 12 All-CIF Players, 5 All-State Players, and Numerous DI Players
- helped build Simi Valley Basketball into a regional power
- is currently writing a book on coaching building high school basketball programs
Honored as the Marmonte League Coach of the year in 1999, 2008 and 2010, and Ventura County Coach of the Year in 2008, as well as being named the LA Times and Daily News Coach of the Year in 1999, Christian is a graduate of California State University at Chico and majored in Political Science. He later went on to earn a Master’s Degree in Education with an emphasis in Teaching.